Stupid Army

I was noticing Josh's pay was a little short the past few months. I thought maybe it was because he wasn't getting the hazard pay and whatnot for being deployed anymore. Then it got worse. I got online and we checked his paystubs and saw they haven't been giving him family separation pay since he got back from Iraq. They automatically shut it off, without even looking! But wait there's more! They've been taking $290 a month from him since August, again without consulting him... while he was deployed. He is repaying a debt to the government for a bonus he received when he joined the Air Force. This issue has been addressed multiple times with finance and every person in his chain of command and others... he DOES NOT HAVE TO PAY THE BONUS BACK!!! He shouldn't be punished for transferring to the Army from the AF. It was established by the Department of Defense that individuals like him DO NOT have to repay bonuses for "early severance" of their contracts in the prior service. I added it up and the government owes us $2,225.25 which I hardly expect will be paid as promptly as it was taken. I'm just angry I didn't look into it sooner, right when I noticed a difference.

Comments

Britni said…
I can't believe that,thats horrible!!!!
I hope they pay you guys back asap.~Brit

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing