Still Morning?! Time for a Good Update.

Noah's been waking up between 5:30 and 6:00 ever since we got back from Germany. I really don't mind it too much. I make my coffee to get started and end up getting a lot done. I also get the added bonus of actually being tired at night so I end up going to bed at around 9 or 10, which is early for me. I just have to get used to being hungry for lunch at 9 lol. Oh and another added bonus is earlier naptime... 11-2, which means earlier bedtime too.

Noah loves his new bed. I, of course, feel a bit uneasy since it's so high and he's so little so I end up checking on him before I go to sleep. Thus far he hasn't even been close to appearing as though he'd fall off. I'm pretty sure the rails are tall enough to withstand his fidgeting, though they seem short to me.

I've decided Noah's old enough and wise enough for potty training. The other day he pooped on the potty. It was a good moment, but he only did it because I saw he was about to and threw him onto the pot before he had time. Not too long after that he pooped again... in his diaper. Sigh. Maybe the lack of changing table and the new underwear will motivate him. I shouldn't really have to work with him too much, I don't think. He loves learning new things and being more "grown-up". After some consideration I've decided that when I really want to buckle down on it I'm going to skip the pull-ups and just go straight to underwear. Pull-ups are just like diapers, in my opinion... eh... I do have a lot of them, though... OH they can be for bedtime and naptime :)

I've also decided it's time to try and fight his picky attitude towards food. I've been providing only what's on the menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner to him. For the past 2 days he's gone to sleep hungry... hmmm maybe that's why he wakes up earlier. He is a really good eater during breakfast and I give him pediasure when I feel it's necessary so I'm not too worried. Also I've included some meals that I already know he enjoys so he's not starving or anything. But, it's HARD! I'm always second guessing myself. I keep thinking I am going to give him a bizarre food complex. But I remember sitting at the table, staring at 6 lima beans for about an hour, getting a spanking and going to bed and I still turned out fine.

Noah trying to cute his way out of eating

I really don't want Noah to end up like Josh! He's the pickiest man alive. It's frustrating to cook for him, but he's opening up to new foods. Maybe some day he'll eat like a normal person and I can make healthy food when he's around too (crossing fingers). And here's proof he's a window-licker hahaha. I love you, baby :)

Comments

Britni said…
hahaha!Don't worry I think most kids are picky eaters in their own way.I allready know what kind of foods Ava will eat & what she will refuse.She has a thing about texures & what diff. foods look like.I just kepp offering her new foods in small amounts along with what I know she'll eat & slowly she is starting to realize that some of those things are good!Thankfully she loves vegetables & fruits.She kind of hates meat though.She will eat rotisery chiken,but who can buy that every night!lol.I think you're doing fine,don't worry :)
Brit
Allison said…
Noah hates meat too! All he likes is chicken nuggets or fish sticks... oh and for some reason he's tried (and liked) pepperoni. My nephew loves broccoli, no matter how it is... raw or cooked. I wish Noah would! hahaha kids are so weird :)

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing