Busy Day... and Still Going

I'm 39 weeks pregnant today. My parents are going to be here tomorrow. Had Josh gotten stuck with his old leave days he would be leaving in the morning, without having seen the new baby... in other words. I am READY! But, apparently the baby is not. Sigh. Well at least with my parents here Vita won't have to miss any work and we won't have to worry about Noah. I think it was a good sign that we saw a rainbow today!

Today we did a lot of walking around. We left the house at 9am and haven't stopped movin' and shakin' since then. We bought Noah 2 new toys that were marked wrong :) I love when stuff like this happens! We got a brand new Little Tikes kitchen set and a Step2 workbench for $75 combined. They're normally about that much a-piece, but they labeled them wrong so NYAH! Also at the PX I was scared to death by a mouse that ran out into the aisle past my feet, tried to jump up onto a shelf, smacked into a box with a nice kind of SPLAT and then bolted past my feet again and ran back under the aisle from whence it came. I exclaimed "OK! maybe I WILL go into labor today!". Not so much. Anyway... we're saving the kitchen set for when the baby gets here, but we put the tool bench together for him. It has a working drill. It kept him busy for hours. YAY!

After we got Noah's new toy set up Josh set out to do some yard work while I busied myself with trying to keep Noah away from the weed whacker. I put his Disney music on and he started singing and dancing again! I thought he'd never come around, but he loves the songs from his movies (he forces us all to watch over and over again). I found he won't beg as much to watch them if he gets to listen to the music. After that we finished painting the trim on the back of the house. We caulked between the foundation and the siding finally. I did more laundry, cleaned my house a bit.

Yesterday we went to a few parks and did a lot of walking and STILL no contractions. Right now I just feel like my hips are about a foot wider, my back hurts... I can literally feel my pelvic joint expanding. Isn't that so much glorious and useful information for the masses? But STILL no contractions. DANG! My stomach looks kinda square today. I haven't taken a pic of it yet. The pic of my belly is from yesterday after our walk. Mom says that means the baby is moving down into the birth canal. I hope so. As far as all the other suggestions. I am fairly certain I am 100% effaced now due to conditions being as they are... certain obvious signs... just trust me. May I also remind everyone that Josh and I haven't seen each other since April so we've been hankying and pankying quite a bit. That's usually what gets my contractions started, actually. They just never continue. Sigh. OK that's more than enough information for you people.

Comments

Jen said…
Love the hankying and pankying!! Made me laugh after the day i had , i needed it!! I say you will have this baby GIRL by the end of this week!! Or else I'm gonna come and talk her out!!
Our fingers are crossed!
xoxoxox
Britni said…
I can't believe you are 39 weeks.At 39 weeks.You look great!
Maybe relaxing will to do the trick.With both girls I dilated to 10 centimeters really quickly as soon as I got the epidural right at the end.The nurses said it was because I was able to relax?!

What greats deals you found on Noah's toys!I love the work bench and I know the kitchen will keep him busy:))
Anonymous said…
hehe I like the comment about hanky panky to. Good for you guys! Enjoy it. I love the deal on toys. That is great! I really hope your baby is born soon. When does Josh have to leave? That is great your parents are coming. My mom was down for 2 months with Haley. WEll, 2 weeks before she was born and 4 weeks after. I was really lucky to have her. She is like super mom that can go on no sleep better then I. I'll be thinking of you. Did you try holding a baby? If not, do it! It might work..it did for me and Lindsay!!!
Keeping active really helps with delivery or at least thats what I have been told. Please let us know what Noah thinks of this workshop. Dave and I want to get him something bigger for christmas and I was looking into this!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing