Today

The nurse came by to check up on Tristan and I. We're both doing great! He weighs 7lbs 11ozs now, but is nursing so often I'm sure that will change. My milk came in today. Ouch. I can sure fill out a shirt now, though! ;) hahaha Tris can already hold his head up. He's so strong! It's kinda weird. Noah was really strong too... maybe I just have tiny-headed babies. heh

Tristan and I dropped Josh off at the airport this morning at 6am. Again. I felt like I would be OK and I was... until he said goodbye to Tristan. It's just not fair :/ Noah's fine like always. There's enough people here to keep him distracted. I have been grumpy and depressed. I sniff sheets and cry a little. I cleaned and organized baby clothes and took over a lot of the Noah responsibilities again. Josh takes over the entire bedtime routine whenever he comes home. He's still on a plane or in an airport somewhere, feeling crappier than I ever would. He's going back to Germany to a bunch of bullcrap and meaningless mindgames, surrounded by heartless jerks. I miss you already, babe.

I'm still wearing my maternity clothes simply because I have no others. That and I only lost 10lbs after delivery and I am not quite "deflated" yet. Don't you just love that squishy water balloon feeling?! I packed my non-maternity clothes away because I stupidly thought we were going to be moving when the Army told us. HA! Hopefully we'll know what's going on in a couple months.

Comments

Britni said…
The last picture is just so sweet Allie.I was thinking of you all day.I cannot imagine how hard it was for you all to split up so soon after Tristan's birth.
What a beautiful family you guys make.You must be so proud.Noah will have such a fun time with his baby brother as he gets older.Ava has already figured out she can make Ember laugh by dancing & blowing rasberries.
I had a hard time the 1st couple weeks.I don't know though if it was just the normal feelings of crazy hormones or the fact that my thyroid was insanely off.Probably both.Anyways,if you do have a hard time just remember in a few weeks it will all calm down.You seem to bounce back so quickly,I think you will be just fine :)
I am so glad you are back & posting.I think I was zoned out for a while after Ember's birth.
Sue J said…
I'm glad you're posting, too Allie. You're a a really good writer, and we miss you over at "Madwoman"!

Your family is just adorable. I can't imagine what it must be like to have Josh have to go so soon after your son was born. It seems like you have a good support system of family and friends, so I hope that makes it more bearable.
Anonymous said…
I love the new pictures of Tristan and your family. Everyone looks so happy to be together. I'm sorry Josh had to leave so soon. I'm very glad he got to see his new son's birth. I agree with Brit, you seem to bounce back very quickly. Good for you! You are a great mom. I can't wait to see more pictures. Enjoy your time with your parents and sons.
Michael Bury said…
the haake army just gets bigger and bigger.


well, i for one welcome our new haake rulers.


congratulations.
Amalia said…
haha, I forgot that you used to be Haake! Wow. Oh, Allie, What would I do with out you? You inspire me. I am gonna have a party where ever I am the day you and josh get to live in the same house again. I promise. You deserve it and it should be celebrated.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing