Doctor Appointments

I took Noah and Tristan for their checkups today. My Mom came with me and I can't imagine how stressful it would have been if she hadn't. I am not looking forward to my parents leaving. Hopefully, Josh will get some orders soon so we can stop living like this.

Anyway... Noah had to get 3 shots :( He is SO STRONG!! He managed to sit up and lift his legs off the table with the nurse and I holding him down. That's my least favorite part... pinning down my babies so they can get poked. He refuses to remove his band aids and I don't mind that at all. I guess they offer some comfort. He doesn't seem to feel too bad.


Tristan got his heel pricked again. Poor baby is all black and blue now :( Babies just don't have good enough circulation for drawing blood from their little feet. She was squeezing him for at least 10 minutes while he wailed. When Tristan was weighed at 2 days old he was 7lbs 11ozs. Today he was a whoppin' 9lbs. The weight gain was so impressive the doc assumed I was bottle-feeding. Yay Mommy! I guess that means I'm doing a pretty good job making leche for the bebe... and he's doing a great job eating for sure. The doc was also impressed with how strong Tristan is. He lifts his head up and holds it up alllll the time. Noah was really strong too.

Tomorrow we're going to try and have lunch for our last hurrah before my parents leave.

Comments

Britni said…
What a good a appt.I know what you mean though on not wanting to take them both to the appt. by yourself!If you have a long wait it is torture.
Ava doesn't have to get anymore shots until she is 5 yrs. old thankfully.She was getting hard to hold down too :P
Ava has a weird reaction to the band aids my Dr. uses so we take them off as soon a we get home & if she still need them,I put on our own.The two times I didn't do that she was left with huge welt shaped band aid marks,poor thing.

Have a really nice lunch with your parents.I know you will miss them.It will be the hardest on you these 1st couple weeks,but I promise it will get a bit easier.On the days Mark works day shift I do everything by myself.It's a busy day,but I am ok.(but I know your situation is much harder then mine...just trying to encourage you :)Once you get a nice routine you will feel much better about it!I hope Josh gets some orders soon too.I know you miss him so much.Sometimes not having someone there beside you for emotional support can be the hardest part!

You can always call me if you ever need anything,even just to vent.
Sounds like the boys had nothing but good reports. Its so hard watching and aiding in the shot process. I always feel bad even though I know its necessary. I am sure that when you parents go it will be tough on you. I can't say I know what two is like by any means. I can tell you to try very hard to get some breathing time to yourself. If that means you take five minutes and take deep breathes then do that! Make sure you laugh at the crazy moments. Humor makes everyone feel better. Just make sure you don't doubt yourself as a mother. You are doing great with both boys and Tristan is sure gaining weight like a champ.
Britni said…
Hey,I think I see Ava & Ember on the fridge in the background,hehe!

Oh yeah,Noahs legs look so long in this picture & the band aids look so big on his little legs!!
Allison said…
Yep that's Ava and Ember :) You can also see Paige's announcement on there... man my fridge is filled with cute babies! :D
Anonymous said…
That is great Noah was such a big boy. The band aid's show what a "man" he's become haha. I know it's hard to see parents go. Mom's been helping out with Haley so much. It's nice to have the break. You will do fine. Just find a routnie that is the best and stick with it. I never found one till very late unfortunately.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing