One Week Old!

Tristan is a week old today! He's doing better with feeding. Although right now he's still awake and kind of whiney, but I already fed him. I guess he just wants to be awake and then sleep really good at night (I hope). Our neighbors stopped by today and brought Tris an adorable outfit! She happens to be 7 months pregnant with her 4th right now. They were our first non-family visitors.

Noah's still doing really good with Tristan. He is gentle with him and doesn't show any signs of jealousy yet. I've had to scold him a few times about being more aware of his body when he's swinging it all around, jumping and rolling all over the place. He loves his little brother and wants to be near him all the time. I finally let him cuddle up with him today. Noah was so excited!!

My Dad installed some chain locks on my front and garage doors and backyard gates. Now when I am busy nursing I won't have to worry about Noah escaping. YAY! I can bribe him with playdoh and stuff. We still haven't set up his kitchen set. He's going to be really happy when we finally do.

I'm doing great. I am done losing those first 20lbs and now I think the last 15 are going to require a little bit of time and work. I am actually excited about being able to work out though. Especially if my friend Jamie and I can figure out a way to work out together (she has 3 kids). We both want to work out so bad! Our kids get along well. Our husbands get along well. We get along well. Maybe we'll get lucky and get to stay in San Antonio. I'm not holding my breath. No news on Josh yet. I am thinking we're going to be moving (if we move) sometime early October... hopefully. It will probably end up being more like.... next year lol.

I am just gliding along, playing with my babies. Tomorrow I am going to be bold and try to venture out to run some errands. I got the baby carrier out today and it works pretty well. Tristan didn't seem to mind it. I decided this last week of having my parents here will be my "weaning" week. They'll be my safety net while I try to figure out how this is all going to work. I know I can do it... the question is how crazy am I going to get?! ;)

Here's a Noah and Tristan comparison. I can see the differences, but they do look a lot alike! I think the biggest difference is just Tristan's size... and the nose. The first one is Tris. OK I am going to try and grab a shower before feeding time again!

Comments

Britni said…
They do look so much alike!

I really love the second picture!!!!

I think it's a smart idea to be weaning yourself from help from your parents.You will do great :))

I think it takes a little while before they realize that they can actually hurt their baby brother or sister if they aren't careful.Av has learned tis after bonking Ember a few times.Poor Ember :)
Amalia said…
He is sooo adorible. Maybe you and your friend jaimie can just go walking for now, that way the kids can go with you to a park or something. Then you can have the older kids do calastenics with you. Its something. Of course if its still ridiculously hot over there, it wont be a long walk...
He is so alert. You can definately tell Noah is loving being a big brother. I am sure that having two is very difficult. I think the older your first is and the more independent they are the easier it must be. Although I really don't know Dylan's independence can be quite dangerous most of the time. Ha Ha.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing