Another Day, Another Park

Today we went to the other park that we saw signs for on the way to Friedrich Wilderness Park. Raymond Russell Park. I wasn't all that impressed. It was fun and everything, but not worth the drive in my opinion. Noah loved it because there were several playgrounds there with swings, slides, and things to climb. They are doing some major upgrades on the park right now, which is excellent because portions of it have gone to the wayside. There were some stairs that lead to nowhere, but you could tell they once crossed over the water. Still they were interesting to look at and explore. I loved that there was water there. The water is great for finding creatures and I'm all about that, as if it weren't apparent by now.

We found the usual insects and birds to muse about. Noah's starting to recognize some of them, but not like the species name or anything, just the difference between an ant and a grasshopper or a goose and duck. We had a new find today, though. A freshly shed cicada skin. I used to pick these off our trees in the backyard and throw them at my sister. I actually just did it last summer too though so I guess I shouldn't be using the past tense. I'm so mean. We also found a new kind of flower. Noah loves to pick flowers so he of course picked one for each hand.

He posed for me with his glorious find. I found a dandelion and let him blow all the seeds off once and ever since he blows on every flower he gets his hands on. This time he got a little carried away and suddenly had the urge to put the whole thing in his mouth. What a weirdo :)

Tomorrow I think I might take a day off from park hunting and clean my house. I did some today, but it's still a disaster (in my eyes). I really need to mop my dumb huge tile floor. Booooo. I'm so sick of dishes too. But, I'm being good and still cooking regardless of the high level of laziness I feel when it comes to my dirty kitchen right now. I keep semi-cleaning it right before I cook. Then right after I cook it's a mess again, of course. What's going to have to happen is I clean the crap out of it in the morning and then hopefully keep up with it throughout the day. It only takes one day of laziness for the sink to completely fill up and become a general embarrassment. I could be cleaning right now instead of blogging, but pshaww... yeah right. I need to bathe the bebe and get him to bed. At least I cleaned his room and my room today, even changed the sheets.

Comments

Britni said…
I hear ya.Cleaning stinks :P
I could spend all day cleaning and in two hours the house will be a wreck again...very frustrating...not fun when your pregnant either!!
We use to park hunt too,back in high school!Ah the days of driving around without a care in the world!....it's so fun now though that we have kids to explore with!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing