Medina Lake

Noah and I went out to Medina Lake to swim for a bit today. I was dying to go someplace pretty to take some pictures. It's impossible to take pictures of Noah near water though so I don't know what I was thinking haha. I finally got some good shots of the drive there and back! Texas is weird... from the looks of where I live you would have no idea that something so pretty existed just 20 minutes away. Texas Hill Country is surprising (and expensive to live in!). We didn't stay too long, but we had a good time. It was pretty crowded thanks to it being the first weekend of official summer for all the school kids. Tomorrow we're going over Vita's to swim.

he wanted to show off his peanut butter GROSS!

then I realized I had a smudge on my lens

V and I already love our photography class. The teacher is very personable, talented, knowledgeable, patient, and funny. I've learned so much after one class I just can't wait to learn more! Vita lucked out and found a sweet deal on a really nice Canon camera that has 2 lenses... totally unplanned and spur of the moment great deal. I'm jealous! You know we'll both be practicing on it ;) But, I love my current camera (Kodak EasyShare Zoom 650). It has a lot of great dummy settings that are easy and quick and it captures color and texture really well. It also does great videos and sound. It holds its charge really well too. I highly recommend the EasyShare for anyone who is not that into the technical aspects of photography, but wants to take great pictures... it's pretty portable too. I still would like to have a really nice camera for birding and whatever else I may choose though. But, for a mid-range camera I think the EasyShare does a darn good job. This was taken with one of the automatic settings and it's a clear, great shot. It has not been altered in any way. That's how the camera took it.

Comments

Jen said…
Wow what a great picture! I have a cannon, and i have to admit that i have never tried to take close up pics like this. i wonder how they will look? I love taking pictures, i'm almost temped to take my own pregnancy photos. My husband is a professional photographer but is too busy with school and work that , as you can see i have yet to post any pregnancy pictures of me on Lil's site. I'm really sad about it too. Oh well we will have them one day. Oh and tell Noah i LOVE peanut butter too, one of my weaknesses!!!I can eat a jar in about a week and a half, is that bad? Oh yum i have to get some now, thanks!
Nerdular said…
your cam takes great shots! i love that bug one, and your ranch pics are really cool too. i cant wait to learn more. we can be pseudo-experts after this month! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing