Finally a Farm!!

Noah and I went over Vita's to swim for a bit today. He once again did NOT want to get out of the water, but we bribed him with the prospect of an even greater adventure (by the way the bribe didn't work because he still cried for like 20 minutes). Our friend Brandon thought it would be fun for Noah to see some farm animals. He asked his buddy Gordon if we could come out to his farm. Noah LOVED all the animals and Gordon too. I made sure Noah thanked him a lot, and I thanked him a lot too. I've been dying to take Noah to a farm to see some animals. He had such a great time at Grandpa B's farm with the cows long ago. Gordon was nice enough to let the horse out of his pen and feed some corn to the goats so they would hang out. He told us we could go wherever we wanted on the grounds, all 300 acres. There were tons of places to take pictures so Vita and I were having a blast too :)

this was after the horse ate the sunflower right out of Noah's hand

This goat was called "Little Sister" and she was very friendly and very pregnant. She let Noah pet her and grab her horns and even touch her mouth without even flinching.

Because we were taking so many pictures Noah eventually begged me enough to allow him to take a few with my camera. They turned out pretty good, actually. Maybe he has the eye for it! That's really quite impossible since he never even looks at what he's shooting haha.

Brandon also said he knew of this great cliff where we could go get some more shots of San Antonio as the sun was setting. Once we got there he realized his cliff had been bulldozed and turned into a quarry. We still got some nice pictures though! And Noah loves rocks. He loves to throw them especially. He was covered in white dust by time we left. I scared Vita a bit as we were leaving because I suddenly gasped. She thought I went into labor or something. Nope... I saw this big stick bug on the ground. We snapped like 50 shots of this weird looking thing. Noah found him to be quite interesting as well. We had a very nice day, full of fun hands-on learning and exploration.

I really like this picture of them :)

Comments

Nerdular said…
That first shot is so awesome and it makes me giggle. :)
Britni said…
Wow,Noah is a climber too!I love to picture of him climbing that cliff.
I love seeing stick bugs.They fascinate me :)We had a bug that looked exactly like a leaf on our patio last year.I took pictures of course!
Ava would have loved the visit to the farm,how fun!
Allison said…
Brit,
We should plan a little farm outing for the kids... maybe even get a big "blogger" group together. I know of a few places because my mom used to take all her daycare kids there. There's even a place to pick strawberries and milk cows. I definitely want to go apple picking too! Preferably before I pop ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing