Birthday Blog Before Bed

I am exhausted! I thought I had to do something special today so we went to Sea World. It was like 94 degrees outside with 82% humidity... NOT FUN, especially not for someone who's 6 months pregnant. Sea World is like being in a herd of cattle, getting rounded up from place to place. You watch a show, you stampede out and follow to the next show, more stampeding. There were some high points. Noah loved all the shows and I love seeing Noah so in awe of the animals. He also got to hold a snake, which was hilarious because as soon as he touched it he went :O and covered his mouth and gasped. Too cute. He got tired towards the end, and so did I. We only stayed for a few hours.

I spent a lot of my time noticing how there weren't really any groups less than 4, and they all seemed to include Daddies. I felt bad for myself. Then the heat and hormones really got to me and I cried a little bit at the Shamu show when they asked all the military and their families to stand up and everyone clapped and cheered louder than they did for Shamu. There really weren't that many of us there. I was happy for the gratitude, but at that moment I wished I was the one sitting next to my husband and clapping. I want my Josh. We couldn't really do anything in the water because it was just me and Noah and a bunch of crap I brought. What was I supposed to do? Abandon the camera or abandon the Noah. I can't really go into the jungle gyms with him and play around with a big diaper bag on my back. All I could do was pull him around in the wagon from show to show in the heat. Not ride any rides. So like I said, I spent most of the day feeling bad for myself and very very alone. I get tired, I keep going. I get frustrated, I keep going. I just keep going and going which is normally fine, but today it just felt unfair. I'm glad this is almost over.

So... I left the torture chamber and came back home to my central air. We watched Noah's alphabet video... OK actually Noah watched it and I fell asleep somewhere around C and woke back up at W hahaha. After the little cat nap and a lot of water I cooked my birthday steak and felt a whole lot better. I even felt good enough to tackle the dishes. Being alone isn't all that bad if you stick to things that aren't too difficult!! I was able to get Noah down at 8. I'm going to sleep like a rock tonight. The baby is churning inside my belly and I stink so if you'll excuse me, everyone. I am going to take about a 45 minute shower and go to bed. My 26yr old bones need to relax ;)

Comments

Pam said…
Happy Birthday, Allie! Thank God for central air, huh? As soon as the humidity arrives here, I spend most of my time indoors. If I'm going to sweat, I want to earn it and not just sweat from breathing or thinking!
Nerdular said…
man it was HOT at night at the black keys show. really hot. i cant imagine how bad it was during the day! what a trooper you are. :P

happy birthday again! you're over halfway through the 20s now. :P
Britni said…
Well I am very jealous you guys have a Sea World.Mark & I have been dying to take Ava there!!I grew up going to the one in San Diego as a kid...I use to love it!That really stinks that it was sooo hot for you though.I would have wilted in 10 minutes :P I am sure Noah loved it though.I love all your pictures....how on earth do you manage to set up the camera to capture these moments?!Impressive!Happy Birthday again!I am enjoying my last few days of being 24....I was teasing Mark today cuz he's still older than I am.(he turned 25 in Dec):)I'm not too thrilled to be turning 25,but I looove my Birthday for some reason....A day all about moi! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing