Long, Boring, Pictureless Update

Noah had a bit of a runny nose yesterday and I thought it was just allergies. Wrong!! I think he caught a cold from the little boy that was at the baby shower. Poor baby can't breathe through his nose and has a croupe cough. Last night from 1am til 2:30am he was waking up, crying about being scared again. He was doing so well for a few nights there, but I think all that drainage in his cranium was preventing a good night's sleep. I finally just kept him in my room and we slept until like 9:30. Today he's in good spirits, but still obviously sick. I'm hoping he gets over it really quickly and without any medical intervention. We've been relaxing all day. He took a 3 hour nap (as did I) this afternoon. Now we're just kinda lazing around. He's been laying in my bed watching a Little Bear DVD I bought him at Walgreens along with his Dimetapp.

I'm 26 weeks pregnant and I am starting to remember some things I forgot. Like leg cramps. When I was pregnant with Noah they used to wake me up some nights, but not until the 3rd trimester. Today and yesterday they've started back up, but they don't hit me until I wake up and try to move. Moving is for losers anyway hahaha. Also I remember my limbs falling asleep all the time. Full limbs... not the normal hand or foot, we're talking entire legs and arms. This one night last pregnancy I woke up to go to the bathroom, not realizing my leg was asleep, and suddenly slammed up against the wall and almost fell over when I tried to walk. Still didn't wake Josh up. I thought it was funny once I didn't get hurt or anything, but I'm sure it would have been crappy had I fell stomach-first onto the floor.

News: final word has been reached. Noah and I are moving back to Ohio with my parents. We were holding out for a few little glimmers of hope, but nothing worked out so we'll be headed out probably around July 15th. Hopefully we can somehow get Josh in the states by early September so he doesn't miss the birth and I can actually see him before I have the baby. Married people... well really anyone can figure it out if they think really hard why we would want to see each other before "labor" day. We haven't been together since April. We were trying to find a way to get him out here without using any leave, but the 4th of July holiday is in the middle of the week and there aren't any more holidays after that. So it looks like we're waiting until September. Booooo :P

I'm not looking forward to my birthday or Father's Day. I hate knowing Josh is going to be depressed and alone... again. Noah will call him and get on the webcam, but it's still depressing. My birthday is just another day... like Mother's Day. For some reason not having Josh here makes every holiday or special day a little disappointing. Somewhere in my stupid girl brain I expect to hear the doorbell ring and I open the door to Josh standing there in his uniform with flowers. Do I really think it will happen? Of course not, it's impossible. I actually had a dream about that while Josh was deployed. I was in the living room with a baby girl (at the time I thought it was someone else's baby) watching TV with Noah and right when she spit up and Noah was running to get me a cloth diaper, the doorbell rang. There was Josh in uniform with lots of luggage. Then I woke up.

I'm not depressed or looking for sympathy. I am just documenting one of my normal blah days. I'm grumpy and tired and that's pretty much all there is to it. Once Noah gets over his cold we'll be out exploring again, keeping my mind off of all this crap. I need to hop to it and get some things done before we move. Maybe coffee would make me feel better. Yes. Coffee and a clean house. Later, everyone.

Comments

Pam said…
I remember leg cramps... we got into a routine. I'd wake up in the middle of the night, sit up, say "LEG CRAMP!" and Joe would autmoatically sit up, grab my leg, and start massaging the calf. It was really funny and weird because I don't think he ever really woke up, but it just got to be our nightly thing. Marriage... it ain't always pretty, is it??

I hope Noah feels better soon. And I hope your house is clean by now and that your coffee was good! I'm so sick of cleaning I could scream - we're still getting ready for Lizzie's grad party and of course this requires me to clean all my cupboards and drawers and behind the water heater. I'm so mental. (I didn't really clean behind the water heater.)

Long enough comment... You're probably thinking, "Get your own blog!"
;-)
Britni said…
Poor Noah,I hope he feels better soon.At least you guys were able to take naps!
I got leg cramps with both pregnancies pretty bad.I think stretching is the only thing that helped because I took walks almost daily.
My arms & legs also fell alseep alot.With Embers pregnancy 1/2 my face would fall asleep,especially when I got upset or would cry.It was so wierd.The Dr. just said "Well thats a new one!"....comforting,I know!haha

I'm sorry it didn't work for Josh to come home sooner.I am sure it is so hard on Josh too.I am glad you will have you parents to help you out when you get really round & really uncomfortable.
I forgot that your birthday is so close to mine!Do something fun with Noah on Sunday :)Mines on June 22nd next Friday I think.I want to take Ava swimming at an outdoor pool :)
Andrea said…
Boy do I hear ya on the holidays and things just not being the same without husband. Mine got snatched up by the army for a 13 month deployment. And sometimes, I just find it harder to enjoy the little things. Nothing gives me as deep of pleasure as if my husband around for me to spend time with.

Coffee, and yes a clean house, those will always perk up a day, especially if the coffee is strong.

(This might be a duh question, but how come you guys can't move to germany?)
Allison said…
Hi Andrea,
It's not a duh question. It's a great question. At first we waited because he was set to deploy 2 months after he arrived in Germany and they wouldn't approve command sponsorship because I was on EFMP. When he got back we tried to get command sponsorship again, but they wouldn't approve it because the unit was disbanding and I was on EFMP. He's on 3 years accompanied orders, but they won't let us come out and they won't pay us family sep because they think it's our choice. Still... we love serving. Go figure.
Andrea said…
Arrg, so frustrating. But like you said, if we can get through war and back with our husbands, our marriages will be that much stronger! Thanks for your blog comments! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing