Happy Father's Day, Dads!!

Last night was quite interesting. We suddenly were hit with huge thunderstorms and as I shut down the computer and tried to flip through channels for weather warnings the power went out. Not only did it go out... it was out for 7 hours!!! :O We were waking up every hour or so just to grunt about the humidity in our AC-less house. It didn't help that I lit a few candles for some light. I played with my camera for about an hour, experimenting with candles and my manual settings., mostly the shutter lag. I can get up to 8 seconds of shutter lag. I got some pretty interesting effects. I really really want a tripod! In fact... I think I need one. Maybe I'll go buy one for myself tomorrow for my "big" 26th birthday.

Today was just another day for us :P Booooooo. We talked to the Grandpa's and, of course, Joshua. We went to Walmart because it was quite apparent that Noah had outgrown almost all his teeshirts. I was tiring of the same 5 outfits every week and though I love Target, they're more expensive. I got 10 shirts and 4 pairs of shorts at Walmart for a mere $50. I probably could have done better, but I was in a hurry to leave. I splurged on an umbrella for Noah and it's now his new favorite toy. He even napped with it today... open. We also went to DQ for some delicious ice creamy goodness. I did laundry (mostly to clean all the new clothes). We took a loooooong nap today from 2 - 5:30. That's why it's almost 11 and Noah's right next to me, grabbing my arms.

dirty sheets are FUN!

I think it's time for bed now, though so I'll be leaving. I don't know what we're doing tomorrow. People keep asking me, but I honestly haven't thought about it. Maybe we'll go to Sea World. Maybe I'll sit around and eat chocolate on the couch with my big gut hanging out and the AC set to 70 degrees. Only time will tell.

Comments

Britni said…
Happy 26th Birthdays!!Have a fun day with Noah :) Ava loooves her umbrealla too.We were walkin out from Taeget in the rain with it & she did not want to put it away.I had to pry it out of her hands,hahaha :)
Jen said…
Happy birthday!! I also love the 3rd candle picture. The picture of you and josh is so sweet in the back! I think i will be joining you in the eating chocolate with your belly hanging out! Minus the air conditioning, we don't have that! I'm tempted to rent a hotel room for a few days for air and a pool! Too bad I'm poor and have a birthday party to throw!
Pam said…
Happy Birthday, Allie!

I hope you get some definitive answers soon so you can at least know the plan. That would drive me nuts.

Great pics, as always, of Noah and you!

We are hearing horror stories about the flooding in Texas. I don't know my Texan geography but I'm hoping all is well in your area.
Andrea said…
Love the pics, your son is so cute! When I was younger my family lived in Tx (El Paso, Sabine Pass), anyway, and some of my favorite memories are from the sea world down there!
Anonymous said…
Hang in there. I can't imagine how tough it must be losing a friend and being away from your husband that long. I just wanted to let you know that during WWII my grandfather was away without leave for three years straight. All they had was letters. They were both afraid my aunt would be scared of him when he returned. My grandmother kept showing her pictures and mailing things to her as if he sent it. My aunt knew who he was and opened up to him quickly. They were married for 54 years. So keep the faith and God Bless you both.
Allison said…
Hi anonymous,
I actually get through a lot of the frustration and anger by reminding myself how much worse it could be. I can talk to my husband every day and even see him on a webcam. I feel fortunate to have the technology to do that. I feel even more fortunate that he escaped harm so many times and came home safe from Iraq.

Thank you so much for your kind words and support. I hope our marriage lasts like your grandparents' marriage did. We've been through so much together I can't see how it wouldn't!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing