The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Good News: Josh got his class dates finally. He reports to Arizona in the beginning of October and will be there until the beginning of March. Most likely he'll get like 5 days for Christmas in Ohio with me and the clan. I am too lazy to do the math right now on how much leave he would actually have at that point... and no one really knows anyway so it's pointless math which I hate even more.

Bad News: Speaking of math... though it will be easier, the baby will be about 6 months old before we're together again. When we figure it out in baby time, it seems like an eternity. I've been hormonal and emotional lately and am trying not to get too sad about everything. I stay excited about the roadtrip, I take videos of Noah being cute, I play a lot (and make huge messes with Noah). We turn the living room into a tornado disaster zone every day. No matter what I do whenever I say goodnight to Josh on the phone and hang up I end up crying a little bit. I think I'm just tired... we both are. The upcoming changes will be good for us. He needs distraction, I need distraction. This stagnancy is becoming overbearing.

Ugly News: Noah's been having very vivid dreams every night. Ever since the first ant incident he's been up at least 3 times a night between 2 and 3am. Last night he saw ducks in his room and told me they were gone now. Then he felt rice in his bed... and he kept telling me his sheets were white. At first I was confused because rice and white sound alike when uttered by Noah, but he was expressing 2 separate mostly unconscious thoughts. Finally he wanted milk because he was scared and it was too dark (I leave the hall light AND a night light on in his room). After I gave him the milk I decided it was time for some allergy meds. I figure if he feels as bad as I do he must need it. He stayed asleep after that. We end up sleeping until like 9:30 and then he's not tired for a nap until 3pm, which means a later bedtime. Today there will be no nap and hopefully he'll be asleep by 9 instead of 11. This will be rough on me since I haven't been sleeping either. We might have to go somewhere to keep me motivated and awake. Coffee time.

Comments

Pam said…
Glad you finally have some dates to work with but sorry to know it still means so much time apart.
:-/

Frustrating.

And what's with Noah's dreams? Poor guy! Poor you! I hope it's a short-lived thing.
Britni said…
Allie,
I am so sorry you guys have to be apart right now.I would be feeling the same as you.Sometimes it's healthy to have a good cry.I am still all hormonally wacked out & have a good cry quite often :)I usually end up feeling a little better afterwards.I think you are doing a wonderful job and you are a great mother.You will be able to handle things,and by the time you are all together again you will be a complete pro and life will seem so much easier with Josh around.By the time you have the baby I will be through the rough first few months and I might have some good tips for you on having two kids. :)
Poor Noah,I wonder what has made him scared all of a sudden at night.Ava has had a couple of night terrors and a couple nightmares here & there,but never where she is unable to go back to sleep.I really don't know what would help.Whenever I run into a problem with Ava I always research it on online or look it up in my toddler book.I'll see what it says for you :)
Brit
I am going to send you my # through my space and if you ever need to talk call me.
Allison said…
Brit - Thanks so much for all the support and compliments. We totally have to hang out when I move home. Yeah you're going to be the little expert by time my 2nd gets here :) I'm sure you'll have great tips for me!! I normally look stuff up on the net too. What did people do before the internet :O

Pam - Welcome back to the blog world! I feel honored that you take interest in my little life :) I think Noah will be done with the nightmares soon. I'm hoping it was just from too much sleep and not enough exertion during the day. We'll see tonight!
Allie-
I'm so sorry that you and hubby have to be apart!!! This must be so hard for you. I just wanted to let you know that I'll be thinking of you!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing