A Bit More Normal

I felt a bit better today. I didn't cry nearly as much, most of the time I would remember her and just laugh and shake my head. Trista was definitely crazy haha. I hope all Trista's other friends and the Moretti's are feeling a little better today as well, recounting the endless hilarious tales I'm sure Trista was involved in. I plan to print out the posts about her and all the comments from everyone and send them to her family. I think they would love to see how many people will miss her. I'm going to wait a few more days so everyone can come say what they want. I might even wait until after the funeral, which hasn't been announced yet.

This has been my personal blog for years now so excuse me while I catalog my boring life for awhile. I woke up early and actually took a shower, which made me feel better. I ate a decent breakfast. I've got my 7 month baby appointment tomorrow and I don't know how much crap I'm going to get about losing 2lbs. I'm sure I can gain 2lbs in a day... it's a special talent. We had a lot of thunderstorms again so I took that opportunity to just turn my computer off for most of the day. Otherwise I would have been clicking and reading, being depressed and sad, ignoring poor Noah (like I've done for the past 2 days). It helped that we got Noah's tux for Grandma B's wedding today so I had him try it on. Babies make everything a little better, especially really cute ones in tuxedos. Here's some cuteness to cheer us all up just a little.

This is one child who will be taught to be thankful for the sacrifice of our military men and women. Those who are serving, those who served before, those who gave their lives. Which probably means he'll also be that kid who will follow in his parents' footsteps and join the military. I'm OK with that. I will admit that for completely obvious protective mommy reasons I would hope he didn't join and just stayed safe at home. Just like my mother and Josh's mother and every other proud mother who loves their child. Military families sacrifice a lot more than most people realize. Sometimes I want Josh to just get out of the Army so I never have to say goodbye to him again. But, this is who he is and I love him and am proud of him and wouldn't want him any other way. OK it's time for a very early bedtime.

Comments

Andrea said…
It's such a mixed feeling, overwhelming pride for our husbands serving the country, the kind of pride that makes your arms tingle and your eyes well up. But the pride is tempered by the lonely days and the lonely nights.

I hear ya, I grew up a military brat, and I married a military man. I will always have a special respect and awe for folks in the military.
Unknown said…
Hi again Allie,
Thanks so much for this page and all you have done and said for Trista. You are a great friend. Congrats on your new lil bundle of joy and your son is adorable...I am tryint to do the same as you and just remembering her crazy moments and how funny she was...just reading her myspace page cracks me up...anyway I just wanted to thank you and wish you and your new lil one well.
God Bless you
love always
Sabrina

myspace.com/bina3399

http://forums.c-n.com/viewtopic.php?p=15805#15805
Sue J said…
Hi Allie -- I wanted to ask you if you mind me linking to your post about Trista over at
http://www.madwoman-ramblings.blogspot.com

I won't do it 'til I know it's o.k. with you. Sounds like you're going through an awful time and I don't want to make it worse. But you've been such a wonderful commenter, I'd like to share your post with my other readers.

BTW, what a little cutey that guy in the tux!
Allison said…
I don't mind you linking. I would love for people to know more about Trista. I know most Americans appreciate the military and mourn over our lost heroes, but it means so much more when you have a face and a personality to go with the name.
Britni said…
Noah looks sooo adorable in is little tux!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing