Truckin' Along

I am slowly working on the house, which is the best way for someone as pregnant as I. Today I took most of the pictures and some shelves down and spackled all the little holes in the walls. I wore my pink shirt to photography class today since I love it so much. The pics were taken after work was done and Noah was in bed... reenactments of the day's events. Just wanted everyone to know I didn't wear the same shirt like 3 days in a row haha. Anyway, I also went and got all the touch up paint we'll need, including some basic white paint to try and cover up Noah's walls. I'm not looking forward to that job. I'm afraid it won't paint over well since I was lazy and used a sharpie marker on the outlining instead of paint. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, I guess.

Hit a snag today. I was thinking about getting replacement closet doors, but then I realized why we never did in the first place... they don't make doors in these sizes. The tallest door is 80" and our openings are 96". That means I'd have to drywall down a foot and a half and paint and blah blah blah. I think what I'm gonna do is just leave the gaping holes. We lived without closet doors for 4 years, someone else can too. YAY! Coincidentally, before I left for Lowe's (the greatest home improvement store EVER) I checked the card balance real quick. Those jerks doubled our credit limit :P I guess I should be happy since we'll need more to do the house, but giving Josh and I twice as much Lowe's credit is like giving a kid a $500 gift certificate to a candy store. It's only going to cause problems in the end. We must be strong, Josh!

Comments

Andrea said…
Good luck with the home improvments, you seem very savvy. I tried to drill a hole in the wall today (got into kevin's power tools!) and, haha, I tried to drill the hole with the screw. Later I asked my husband about it, and he told me I had to use the drill bit to drill the hole. I am such a tard. Good luck!

ps- who takes the pics of you? self timer? cause that's impressive for self timer..
Allison said…
I set the camera on a shelf nearby and set the 10 second timer. I've been getting more creative with taking pics of Noah and I or just myself. I've had lots of practice :) I'll probably still be doing it on my own since Josh sucks at photography. My poor math-brained baby.
Britni said…
You are good with the timer!!....this would be very tricky for me to do with Ember & Ava...thankfully Marks good with photography...hehe.I can just see what a mess it would be trying to get us situated in 10 seconds!!I am excited for you guys to be moving,I know you are too!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing