Baby Appointment

I had my 34 week baby check-up today. I'm back on track and the doc says she doesn't have to see me for another 3 weeks. She also casually commented about Noah, which kinda pissed me off. She said "how old is he?"... he'll be 3 in 5 days... "does he normally talk more clearly?"... yes. I just left it at that so she'd shut up. I don't need advice on my son from my OB/GYN. She might not even have any kids. Reading a book and going through some classes does not make you any kind of expert. Yeah his speech isn't the greatest for his age, but he is advanced in everything else... she's not his pediatrician. Noah doesn't need speech therapy. He needs to be around more people so he actually hears conversations and has to communicate with someone other than me. I get defensive, but I didn't get angry to her face so that was good. I don't want to have to worry about something that isn't a problem. That's why I was mad.

This morning after my shower I was looking in the mirror and I saw some tiny stretch marks on my stomach :O I didn't get any with Noah! I slathered cocoa butter on them at least 5 times already. Hopefully that's all I will get. Stretch marks make me hate men lol. Let me explain. They get us pregnant and pregnancy makes us get stretch marks, cellulite, saggy areas, etc... then they complain about how their wife "let herself go" when she got pregnant and leave her for some young chick with no kids. My man? No of course not. But, I hate that I worry about that regardless of what Josh says. Men will say they don't care, and they might mean it, but you hear about the bad stories allllllll the time. I'm glad I have a good man, but all those a-holes in the world are incurring my wrath today. Some women won't even consider breastfeeding because they're afraid of what it will do to their boobs. Why care unless for a man. It's not like we use them for anything. I guess I'm just insecure.

One day Josh and I were out at Target. This couple was there with their 2 daughters. Just as we were walking past the husband started yelling at the wife. He touched her leg and said "what is that?! Are those f***ing vericose veins?! you better hope not". In front of their 2 daughters who were maybe 10 and 12. Charming. Josh was going to beat the crap out of him so we left. These types of guys exist everywhere. Why are men such jerks.

Comments

Britni said…
I'm glad your baby appt. went well :)
I can't BELIEVE that Dr. I would have been mad too.How rude and out of place.I think all 2-3 year old are pretty hard to understand sometimes.Mothers are always translating what their children are saying.I hear it all the time.I probably would have said something back to that Dr....I just can't help myself in those situations!Expecially when it's to do with my babies!! :)
I got lots of stretch marks with Ava's pregnancy,then they faded.Then they came back with Ember's pregnany and are just soooo beautiful....the ones on my tummy aren't too bad but above my hip it looks like tribal marks in an arch pattern....ugh,haha.I don't really care though.I don't live in a nudist colony and I had big boobs to begin with so they weren't always gonna be perky anyways,haha.My poor body will never be the same,but at least the weight is able to come off,if you work at it!Sorry,this is really long,bye for now!!
Nerdular said…
noah talks fine. what a bitch! and i think men are jerks because stupid women allow them to be, lol.
Britni said…
Well said Vita! haha :)
Amalia said…
Haha. Whatever. that doctor obviously was way outta place there. I agree with Vita. I got all my stretch marks on my boobs and my hips. oh and on my butt. However none on my stomach, If I cant see them, then I don't care. I could care less if What Russell or men think. I am gonna breastfeed if I have another, then, tummy tuck, and hell boob job. Lift. I like feeling pretty. But not for russell, for me, but he will pay for it. ;0
Allison said…
lol I agree men are jerks because stupid women let them be. Then they breed with them and raise more stupid women and jerky men. I wouldn't ever say I'd never get any kind of plastic surgery, but yeah it would be for ME, not for Josh. Josh wouldn't care one way or another... but I think the only reason I care is because of the societal standard of pretty. I mean if we were all living in the woods with our boobies dangling over the campfire no one would care at all hahaha. Also I need to clarify. I got tons of stretch marks from Noah on my hips and butt, but none on my stomach.
Amalia said…
Hah, I am so glad my boobies are not hanging over the campfire! Ouch!
Britni said…
hahahaha,you guys are funny.
I was wondering how on earth you got lucky enough to not have any stretch marks Allie.I just thought you were one of those very lucky pregnant women!hehe Thanks for clarifying :)
How bold of your OB! I would have probably had a melt down. Does this woman realize how defensive mothers can be about their children let alone how much hormones take over this far into pregnancy. She was very brave. Also you are just now getting stretch marks?>?? Be so thankful. Also yes it is a sad sad thing that we put our poor bodies through as women. It is all worth it. I say as long as we feel good about ourselves then Great! Although I have a few areas I want to improve no man will motivate me to do it. Ha Ha.
Allie-
You were very lucky to have escaped stretch marks the first time. As for me I didn't have a single stretch mark with Lily. I was soooo excited, then I delivered her and they came out. I got home and when I looked into the mirror after a shower I screamed. Chad came running and said what is wrong and I said, where did these stretch marks come from. He said oh yeah, I noticed them in the hospital after you had Lily but didn't want to say anything. And I thought I was going to escape pregnancy without them. Oh well what did I expect I was carrying a 10 pound baby. She was worth every darn one of those stretch marks though:)

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing