Noah's 3rd Birthday

We began our day with a few noises coming from Noah's room. I peeked in and he was bouncing a Nemo balloon off the side of his bed. I snuck up to the edge and said "guess what, Noah" and he said "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!". Then he took his diaper off and said "here take diaper". He ran out his room stark naked and saw his table full of wrapped presents and exclaimed "WOW new!". I told him that although it may seem appropriate to celebrate a birthday in his birthday suit, we should get dressed. He stacked his presents and finally agreed to follow me back to his room. By time we got dressed he had successfully woken up Aunt Vita :) She had her camera all ready to go!

Noah loved all of his presents. He got two new sets of wooden track for his train set, the fisher price doctor kit, a fisher price construction playset, and a real working spiderman digital camera from Aunt Vita. His camera can take up to 99 low res digital photos. It can also take little videos and has 3 different face plates. I need to look at the manual and learn all the fun settings on it. He took a bunch of photos today. I'll have to download them sometime and post the highlights. Noah pictures are so fun :)

After a few minutes of playing with his new toys Noah glanced over and noticed his chocolate cupcake birthday cake that Vita made the night before. "Oh wow CAKE!". We quickly lit his candles while he tried to lick the icing and then sang happy birthday with our groggy morning voices. Noah took it like a champ and just stared out the door, waiting for the signal to blow out the candles. It took him a few blows, but he put all the fire out and immediately dove into his chocolate breakfast haha. The cupcakes were soooooo good. In fact I think I'll have another one right now. MMMmmm moist and chocolately :) droooooool. After Vita left for work we called Josh up so he could wish Noah a Happy Birthday too.

The rest of the day Noah and I just kinda hung out like usual. He wanted to watch "Ant Bully" in my bed over and over again and just cuddle. Fine with me! We put the huge train track together, Noah played with his other toys throughout the day. He took everyones' blood pressure, including the dog's. He was much too sugared up to take a nap today, but he was kind enough to relax for an hour and let me doze off.

We went and got Chick Fil-A for dinner since I didn't want to cook or do any dishes. After that we just played some more with his toys and then it was off to bed at 8. Noah ended his day by reading "Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See" to our ferret, Jellybean. I changed the book to help him learn his colors. We say "Brown Bear , brown bear what do you see? Something in the room that's as brown as me!" and then he has to find something brown. So he was running around his room finding all his colors. I took a video :)


I only cried once while talking to Josh on the phone... and it wasn't a REAL cry. I was watching Noah eat the icing off another cupcake, listening to him tell me it was "delicious cake, mommy" and I got a bit misty-eyed. I tried to take today "like a man" and not get too emotional. But... my baby isn't a baby anymore. He has crossed the threshold and it makes me such a girly wreck. It didn't help that I was talking to his father who missed it all, or that I'm 8mos pregnant. It was a good day, though. I uploaded the videos of him opening presents and blowing his candles out onto his baby scrapbook site.

Comments

Britni said…
Oh no...now I am craving cupcakes...I never got rid of my pregnancy cravings...I blame the nursing :)

Happy Birthday Noah!!!!!!

He looks so cute all covered in chocolate!:)
I think that Noah being 3 when the baby arrives will be such a huge help to you!I love having the girls so close but I know 3 years is a bit easer on Mommy in the 1st few months!!Are yu starting to get the crap kicked out of you by this baby?I use to get kicked so hard I would jolt awake and scare Mark :)
Pam said…
Happy Birthday to Noah! What a gift, Allie, that you are recording everything so beautifully for him to look back on and get a real feel for these moments...

Dang, what I wouldn't give for a chocolate cupcake right about now!
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Noah!!!!!! He is the most adorable 3 year old I know. I wish I could meet him and his little personality. Gosh, he seems like such a pistol!! I LOVE the new train set. That was probably a lot of fun putting together haha. Looks like a lot of fun playing with to. I'm glad Noah let you znooze a bit today. YOu defintely deserve it! I love the chocolate cup cakes and the chocolate on his face. It makes me want chocolate. I have been craving chocolate all week! It might be b/c the husbands gone haha. Happy Birthday again Noah!!
Amalia said…
Yay! 3 years! What a little man. You are such a good mama. have 2 cupcakes. you and the little one inside you deserve it.
Allison said…
Thanks, Mommies :) I'll have you all know I ate a chocolate cupcake this morning at 5am when I woke up for the 2nd time. Then I went back to sleep for a couple hours. The baby kicks the crap out of me at night!
KA said…
Hey, I'm randomly finding blogs to read and I just wanted to say that your kid is soooo cute! Especially when he's eating the candle. Very cute!
Allison said…
Hi Katana! Thanks so much! :D I have to give most of the credit to his cute Dad ;) He has my eyes, though!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing