Potty Progress!!

Before I go on about Noah's great accomplishments today let me just say that my computer... is dying ::moment of silence:: It's been 5 long years, which is like 100 in computer life. The hard drive is fading and it refused to start a few times today. It sounded like there was a woodpecker inside and that can't be good. It had me worried. Luckily I still have my laptop and an external hard drive so my life won't be too horribly inconvenienced. I am not looking forward to spending the money on a new computer. I told Josh that he just needs to build me one from scratch like he did with his. I have very few demands. I just want to be able to have the internet and a photo editing program running at the same time without the computer being slow. Simple.

We got a call from Jennifer this morning at 10 to go out to Super Target. OF COURSE!! :D I love me some Target shopping!! We found Noah a great pair of shoes and I found myself a great new puzzle of Joe Cool. Jen surprised me and bought our stuff for us because she's too dang sweet for her own good :) Thank you again, Jennifer! I always get so excited to have actual adult company I end up interrupting and talking over her all the time, but she never complains haha. It's like I can't stop myself! I do that with all adults I think. Sigh. I need to get out more. We went our separate ways, Noah and I had lunch and I ended up calling Jen again to complain about my computer. One thing lead to another and I stole Emma for the weekend haha. She's being so good, just sitting by my feet all quiet. Noah and Emma played in the backyard on and off all day. Again, no nap today. We just didn't have the time. Noah was wiped out. I hope he stays asleep tonight. Last night he woke up in a lot of pain. I still am not sure where at, but I think it was his throat because after I let him suck on a cough drop for awhile he calmed down enough to be able to actually drink the Motrin I had been trying to give him.

My words bit me in the butt and that 30% chance of rain ended up falling all over my backyard. Good thing I mowed yesterday. Who knows when the next opportunity would have been. Stupid stinkin' rain. If it would cool things down it might be worth it, but it only makes everything hotter and more humid. At least Noah likes rain. He just stood on the deck and stared off into nowhere while I cooked dinner. Vita dropped by too and I got to talk to ANOTHER adult! :D No wonder I'm in such a good mood now haha.

So, up until today I admittedly was to blame for Noah not being potty trained. I was being lazy about it and just waiting around for it to happen like magic. Once he started going on his own I was excited for him, and myself... despite the awful messes. Then he suddenly refused again. I had to step up. Today I was a Potty Training FOOL! That child didn't want to sit on the potty, but Mommy didn't care what he wanted. He cried to the bathroom. He cried on the toilet. He stopped crying after 3 successful times. I put him in underwear. I'm not about to mess with diapers! He only had 4 accidents (all pee) and the last one he had while we were outside playing, he suddenly grabbed himself and actually stopped going and then came inside and finished up on the potty. A breakthrough!! :D I had to put a diaper on him for bed and he definitely was no longer comfortable. Not like those nice easy-going cotton underwear. Oh yeah, he's hooked.

I also made a Potty Chart with his all-time favorite shape, the star. He gets to stick a star on the chart every time he goes potty. When he gets 20 stars he will get a toy (nothing too fancy). If he can make it through an entire day with no accidents he will get a bag of M&M's. He never gets candy so all he keeps saying is "candy, Mommy. candy. my candy!". I think this will push him over the edge to being completely potty trained. By the end of the month I'm sure he'll be set and I won't have to teeter totter my rounded self off the floor after changing a diaper. We didn't start the true training until after getting back from Target so 8 times (one isn't pictured) in half of a day is pretty awesome! Once we get to the end of the chart I'm sure we'll celebrate with that garage toy he wants so very badly. Tomorrow's task? Buy M&M's and random little toys... and go grocery shopping :P

Comments

Britni said…
Sounds like a fun day :)I know what you mean about adult conversation!!!Sometimes you feel a little looney after watching Sesame Street all the time & having 4-5 words sentence conversations with your child!
I made a potty chart for Ava a couple weeks ago too! use butterfly & sesame street stickers.We think alike!!
Good job Noah!!!You are doing sooo great!
Pam said…
Yay for Noah! Sounds like he's made some great progress, especially being able to stop and finish in the bathroom. I forgot how much work it is to get this task done -- extra kudos to you for doing it while you're so pregnant!
:-)

Send us some rain, would you? My yard looks like a hay field.
Jennifer said…
haha emma looks so stumpy and short in that picture :)

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing