Pregnancy, Potties, Pilots, Ponies, and Projects

So right after the whole nesting episode, which is still going strong, I believe I have dropped a bit. I feel more uncomfortable and I know I've dropped because things don't feel the same or rest the same when I sit down now. I'm 36wks pregnant, which means I am one week away from how far along I was when I delivered Noah. Hopefully this baby will wait until September when Josh gets here! I'll throw my 33wk shot in there too so people can compare. I'm also having a lot more Braxton Hicks contractions and leg problems... not really cramps, just discomfort and the occasional twinge of a pinched nerve. The end is nigh and I am excited, but not the slightest bit nervous. Is that weird?

Tonight I put Noah down to bed without a diaper! That's right, everyone... I believe it's over. We've gone to the park, the store, the playground, and an outlet mall (for over 6 hours) and he hasn't had an accident yet. The past few days he wakes up bone dry and goes on the potty right away. It took about a week for him to be trained. I'm very proud of him :) I know he's proud too. My big boy! He napped with me today in my bed in just underwear too... and he was quite the cutie with his little foot sticking out of the sheets... my new 600 thread count ones.

A long time ago Noah got an outfit from Grandma B. It's the Top Gun flight suit including a cute Top Gun hat. He wears the hat a lot, but the flight suit was too big for him for a long time. It just so happens it fits him quite well now so I'm thinking he's going to go trick or treating as a pilot. He loves planes and was really excited when I told him this is what pilots wear to fly their planes. I also pointed out the many zipper pockets and told him he can put his toy planes into them. He's going to be so cute!

Another great gift Noah received from Grandma B. was his big stuffed horse we named Nougat. Nougat was given to us before Noah was even born. He has grown quite attached to him and seems to think he's a sleeping bag. I always wanted a huge stuffed animal... I suppose I can live vicariously through Noah. There were many times I would sit in Noah's room when he was younger and fall asleep on that horse while he played with his toys. Good ol' Nougat :)

Since Noah loves fish and fishing so much I made him a fishing pole. It's just a wooden spoon with a string tied and taped to it. I taped a magnet to the end of the string, cut out some fish, and attached paper clips onto them so the magnet would pick them up. I remember my mom setting this up for the daycare kids and for birthday parties and things so I can't take credit for the idea at all. He LOVED it! I made him a starfish and a seahorse too. He fished for quite a while and then turned the fishing pole into a whip, of course. I was pretty surprised how much he learned from watching other people fish. He was casting his line out like he knew what he was doing. He's so observant. He got pretty good at it which is great because it requires more control and slower movements for his hand-eye coordination.

Comments

Britni said…
Ok,I just typed like 5 paragraphs and it all got erased...so I am assuming you didn't get that,haha.I will try again!
Ok,where to begin...
I remember being 36 weeks along and getting to that uncomfortable stage.It's almost like you are so uncomfortable it makes you look forward to labor.I just remember after both my labors feeling instant relief.No more pressure or back pain :)Ahhh...and of course holding your brand new beautiful baby...I am a little jealous you get to go through all this again :)It's so much fun...I am having so much fun going through everything again with Ember,I love it!
I forgot you had Noah at 37 weeks!You never new the joy of going to 40 weeks.With Ava by the end of my pregnancy I couldn't sit up straight ,I had to lean to the side,her head was so low.It was unreal...sorry TMI,lol :)
It's amazing that in less than a month you will have your new little baby!
Hmmm will Noah have a brother or a sister...I am guessing girl,but either will be so much fun for him!!
What a fun idea with the fishing game.I will have to try that with Ava!
Ava has that giant bunny and she sits in his lap to read books almost every day,it's so cute!It was actually mine from years ago :)
Amalia said…
yeah, you look like you dropped a bit. I wish I would of taken more pics of myself when I was pregnant. Oh and i have the exact same sheets. Got em at Ross.
You are so all belly. You look great. I know you must be miserable but really take it from me you look so good. I love the picture of Noah in your bed. Don't you just love high thread count. I think ours is 400 I couldn't imagine 600. I have a friend who only sleeps on 1200. Why am I rambling about thread counts??? Anyways great job Noah with the big boy underwear and No accidents. Yeah!!!!
Jen said…
I donno if you dropped. You actually look smalleer like the baby's butt has stopped pushing out of your belly button. You look great though, all belly and i bet once he/she is born you will be skinny mini again! i'm getting jealous!
i cant wait to see the baby~~
Wow you look great!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing