Pretty Decent Weekend

My entire weekend consisted of bribery. I'm happy to announce that it's working, though! Yesterday he had a lot of accidents because I was asking if he had to go. He will never say yes, he's Noah. So today he sat every hour at least and I made him try and go. We also went to Walmart and picked up a bunch of cheap planes and helicopters for potty prizes. He wanted those planes sooooooo bad. Noah reached the 20 sticker goal and got to pick out a toy, which was a really great motivator. He did so well today he even got some M&M's! Only one accident all day and it was while we were outside playing with a moth cocoon we found. Hopefully he'll start going on his own instead of me having to make him go.

I talked to my mother briefly today and she reminded me of how difficult I was to potty train. I also required bribery. I was as bad as... maybe even worse than Noah. I did NOT want to go... ever... I would hold it in and give myself urinary tract infections. I guess this is a great example of God's sense of humor :)

I'm feeling OK, but I lack the ability to stay asleep anymore. I sleep for 3 hour chunks. Maybe this is a way of conditioning my body for breastfeeding a newborn. I woke up last night at 4am, a little dizzy and nauseated and extremely hot. I couldn't fall back asleep until 5 and then had to get up at 9 with Noah. My thermostat is set at 75 which has been cool enough up until the past couple of nights. I'm trying to tough it out so I don't freeze Noah, but I think it'd be best for both of us if I just set it at 74 tonight... hopefully that one degree will be sufficient.

Comments

Britni said…
haha...I completely know what you feel like.I am sooo over heated all the time still.Ever since I've had kids my temperature is way out of wack.Mark thinks I'm crazy but I set the thermostat at 70 and dress the kids warm at night.I am either over heated because I am always nursing (body heat)or because I am fat,haha!
I remember waking up every 1-3 hours in the last stretch of pregnancy & I completely agree it's to prepare you.& It did because when I had Ember I was so use to not sleeping well it didn't even bother me.Still doesn't. :)
Good job Noah!!!He understands the whole concept.He will do just fine now.Pretty soon you won't have to bribe him & this will be a thing of the past!Nothing wrong with a little bribery!!
Jennifer said…
Yay for potty training! Thanks for watching Emma this weekend! Brett said if you wanted him to he could take a look at your computer, I would, but if it's an operating system problem that's out of my league. I just know how to install the hardware and whatnot. Brett's hard drive broke not too long ago (you may remember, but you might not) and he FREAKED OUT (it was the end of the world), but eventually he fixed it.
Anyway, Emma was all pooped out after this weekend. It's so nice haha. Thanks so much! Congrats on the potty training breakthroughs! Pretty soon he'll grasp the concept of being a "big boy" and then you can use that to your advantage!
I'll call you this week sometime!
Anonymous said…
I think Noah is the cutest thing!! His smile cranks me up everytime I see his smiling pictures. I love how he's a little boy who likes to play with spiders and toads and stuff haha. I don't know if I could handle that stuff haha. I guess if I have a boy someday I would. YOur doing a great job! We seem to forget about the last 6 weeks of pregancy being so uncomfortable and such. I say just crank that theromsat down and put extra blankets or heavier pj's on NOah. YOu need to be comfortable and YOU need the sleep. He'll be fine. Haleys' a total hotbox and doesn't even sleep with a blanket most of the time.
Amalia said…
Oh, I used to do the same thing. I would stay outside and play when I had to pee and then eventually I would pee my pants. I had this Red dobbie named spicer and I would hide in his dog house, cause he wouldn't let my dad or mom lay a hand on me. And of course my mom took a picture of it one time.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing