News!

Josh called this morning and we FINALLY have concrete leave days. They won't advance him any leave so he only can take the 10 days he has saved up. He will be here September 1st-11th. After that my parents (or just mom) will come on down to help out. Hopefully I will actually have the baby during that 10 days. I'm pretty sure they'll agree to induce me if not. I will ask on August 31st when I go in for my appointment. After that he has to drive over to Arizona and try to find us a house. He's planning on coming out on the weekends to move things and visit with us. It's a 13hr drive, but it's better than the 13hr plane ride we were dealing with before! I'm hopeful that we will be able to get most everything settled by October. We'll be in Arizona together and Josh will be starting class. Let's hope!


I was telling Vita about how I feel scared at night. Ironically, a stray pit bull had wandered over to Brandon's house and had yet to be claimed (though many fake calls were received from weird Mexicans who wanted to take him). She offered to bring him over and see how he did with us. His name is Meaty and he's really tame and good and calm. He's still a pit bull so I'm wary and won't let Noah be alone with him. He looks so big and scary, but he's just a sweetheart. Noah climbs on him, pushes him, hits him, pulls his tail... he doesn't growl or bark or anything. He's also crate trained and house trained and can sit and lay down. Meaty will even let Noah put him in his cage. We gave him a bath in the pool and he didn't try to get out, he didn't whine, he just... sat there and took his bath. He's a very good dog. It's a shame we couldn't find the owners, but it's a pretty common thing out here in SA to find a great stray dog someone just abandoned. Since he's been here I've been able to sleep really well and I don't feel as vulnerable anymore. Josh feels really good about him being here too. It's like having a gun, but without all the stress and fear of having a gun! Dogs are such wonderful animals!

Comments

Nerdular said…
LOL -- that first picture is a good example of why his name is "Meaty" -- look at that giant head!!!
Pam said…
That's great news about Josh's leave! I hope indeed, you get to deliver while he's there.

Meaty - what a name. But it fits.
Britni said…
That IS great news about Josh's leave!!I am so excited for you guys :)
Meaty is so cute!!!I have a huge fear of pit bulls unfortunately because I was chased by one at our old town home complex...It wanted to attack Logan & I was pregnant...Anytime I see one with no leash around here I go in the opposite direction since I walk with Logan & the girls now.I am sure Meaty is a sweetheart though :)I am glad he's protecting you!
Britni said…
I know you have good judgment but I would still be really be careful even though Meaty is a nice dog.Sometimes animals have been abused and something strange will trigger them & they can snap...I know you are super careful though..I just see that huge jaw on cute Meaty & it kind of scares me! :)I know pit bulls have a bad rep though,poor Meaty,he needs a home too!
Anonymous said…
Yeah! I'm so excited your Josh is coming home and you have concrete leave days. Your going to a military doctor right? I'd just say Look you better induce me or else I'll be coming here everyday bugging you haha. Meaty sure looks cute. I'd still be a little wearier just in case. How long have you ahd him? I feel 100 % safe with Jersey around. She hears every little noise possible. If she hear's something she'll sleep at the bottom of the steps or the top of the steps at night just in case I think. I'm so glad we have her especially when Dave's gone or when I need to go outside for somethign and leave Haley in the house. I know no one will take her ya know?

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing