A Good Day! :D

YAY! We were due for one of these!!

After choking down 2 TBSP of blackstrap molasses yesterday (70% DV of iron per TBSP without constipation) I started feeling less tired. AND it didn't rain! I'm trying desperately to remember what we did yesterday, but it's just not happening. I think... I think we napped and stayed home again. I think. I can't remember lol.... pregnancy...

OH YEAH! OK so we went out to Babies R Us to browse around and I realized how much we actually need to buy! The good thing is that most of the stuff we need isn't necessary right away. I need to get a boppy cover because my boppy is filthy and won't fit in the wash too well... or even if it does I want that to be the last time it has to. I need more crib sheets because all of Noah's are ripped or stained. I need a new pump and new nursing bras. I would like to get a swing this time. It all sorta depends on how big our new place is going to be and there's absolutely no way of knowing that yet. I also want a baby sling. Any of you moms have one or use one? Are they worth getting? I also want a baby carrier, preferably that I could wear up front or on my back. I could use our old one, but it always seemed to be way too high for little babies. Noah's face would be smashed up against the padding. I'll probably just do something to the old one and spare myself the added expense. But, anyway... :)

Noah picked his clothes out and got dressed all by himself, which is why it's hot and backwards lol

He does this with the paint cans... I don't know why he likes to dangle, but he does

We didn't watch any TV all day today and yesterday because Noah suddenly isn't going on the potty again. This made for much more interesting (and messy) days. He picked out a great toy at Babies R Us and I told him if he goes on the potty all week he will surely have it. It's the Little People Ramps Around Garage. I still really had to fight with him about potty time yesterday and today. He didn't throw too big of a fit. I don't think it helps he's been having stomach issues. Today was great too. I actually ran errands. Well, rather... I actually had the energy to run errands :O I went to the post office, Target, and the pet store!! Then of course we took our nap. We had pizza for dinner with my friend (and old roommate) Jennifer. Noah was glad to see her and her dog, Emma. They both ran around like crazy and tired each other out while Jen and I talked. It was wonderful :)

Comments

Britni said…
I love Babies R Us!!If you get a big swing the pasasan swing is great ,if you don't have enough
room for that then the portable Ocean Wondes swing is so nice.I love it...unfortunately so does Ava ,haha!It fold right up though & will go anywhere with you...I bring it up & down stairs.

I had a baby sling with Ava.I loved the idea and it was a really nice one,but I am so paranoid that every time I stood up I felt like she was going to flip out.I also hard a hard time positioning her and if you don't get them use to the sling immediately then they won't take to it too well...I'm still not against them though,I love the idea of wearing your baby!I do in other ways...
I bought a really nice new carrier at my work & ended up hating it.I use my old Snuggli and I like it so much better.
The thing I go through the most are breast pads,stock up!And diapers( oh course)...oh my gosh I forgot just how many they really go through at that age...yikes!!I can't believe the things you can forget once your child gets older.

Ava has been doing well with her potty lately.I just let her tell me when she is interested....Some days she loves it and uses it and some days she says "Nahh!"haha.I think that was a great idea to pick out a prize for Noah!I think that will work:)Ava is still too young for bribery.
That's so cute that he dressed himself!!Good job Noah!
Pam said…
Um, what's a boppy? And why does it need a cover? (I'm getting old, I guess...)

Too funny! When my son was potty training, I bribed him with the same Fisher-Price toy!! It was the mid-1980s version, but same basic fun design.
Anonymous said…
Haha I love how Noah wants to dress himself. Haley's been trying to put her pants on and sandals..but has not gotten it right yet. As for the strapy, Haley was always to big for it or something. I never felt like she was really secure in it. She was almost 9 lbs so I guess maybe it depends how big your baby is? I'm not sure.
Bribery is great! I wish Haley understood that. I might have her potty trained and sleeping all the time if she did haha. J/k.

What was the molases for??
Allison said…
Brit, I actually already have a snuggli one so I guess I'll just stick with it. I was looking at old photos and we used it a lot more than I remembered. I'm probably not going to get the sling. You and Katie convinced me it would just sorta be a waste of money. I would be afraid the baby would fall out too!

Pam, LOL! What a crazy coincidence! A boppy is this crescent shaped pillow that fits around your waist and supports the baby during feeding time. It also works as a great little nest to prop them up. They are wonderful little accessories.

Katie, I think that's why I had to wait so long to even try to train Noah. He just didn't respond to bribes or ANYTHING, really. I found out that one tbsp of molasses has 70% DV of iron in it. I have a tendency to get a little iron deficient during pregnancy and also breast feeding. The molasses are natural and taste OK (to me and baby) and they don't make me constipated like iron pills so I keep a jar on hand. I take 2 TBSP when I'm feeling more tired than usual because I know it's probably my iron level. Works like a charm and pretty quickly too!
Amalia said…
I have one word for you EXCERSAUCER! I loved mine, Matthew started in it at just over 3 months, and I still use it when i need him immobilized while I work out. The thing is in peices, but worth every penny!!!
Amalia said…
Oh and there is a thing called a moby wrap, a friend of mine got one and she uses it all the time, you can even put them on your back. I remember the gypsies had home made ones in Spain. I wish I would of spent the money on one, they look soo much more comfortable than my little snugli. Although we used that alot too. Seriously though, Look into the Moby Wrap. this is what it looks like
http://store.attachedtobaby.com/Categories/Moby-wrap.aspx

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing