More Nesting

Noah played in the scattered storms we had today. It would be sunny and hot and then pouring (for 5 minutes). He loves rain! I'm still in my nesting mode. I cleaned my room, rearranged it, and brought in the bassinet. Then I washed all the bottles and pumping gear I had (I got my new pump today). I also washed the boppy and all my 0-3mos baby clothes and loaded them up in one of Noah's dressers. If I don't have another boy I'm going to have a LOT of shopping to do! Then I went online and ordered all my nursing necessities. Isn't that so exciting!? I got free shipping and it was all at least 10% off so I feel OK about the expenditure. I also managed to make an eggbake, build a railway with Noah (including a train station built out of MegaBlocks), do dishes, and cook dinner. I still have to do dishes again :P It just never ends!

I picked out the outfit for the baby... it's little bug jammies. I tried to choose the most neutral clothing I own, but I think I am going to go buy something new. It just seems like the right thing to do. Tomorrow I plan to clean the carseat, make my contact list, pack my bag (or at least make a list), and get addresses together for birth announcements. If you'd like a birth announcement reply with your address and I promise I won't publish the comment for the whole world to see. I'll just record it for myself and then delete it :) I'm so excited! I am not normally a card kind of woman, but I really want to send out a birth announcement. Brit, I still have Ember's up on my fridge :)

My parents are coming out on September 11th to help out with the house and the baby since Josh only gets 10 days with us. They'll be here for a little over 2 weeks!! After that Josh's Dad (and maybe brother too) are coming out to help us move to Arizona. I'm really excited to see everyone. I remember last time I thought for sure I'd want to be alone all the time with the baby, thinking I would be exhausted. Yes, I will be exhausted, but I gotta stay awake! :) Becoming an anti-social hermit is not the way to go. Back then I was really codependent on Josh as well. I've changed a whole lot in the past 3 years.

Oh... I've lso been craving chocolate, which might be normal for most women, but it's NOT normal for me. Noah and I shared some delectable chocolate fudge brownie ice creamy goodness. I've been reminding Noah a lot about how he's going to be a big brother soon. He got a book from Grandpa B. and Grandma Kim called "I Used to Be the Baby" that he loves and wants to read every night. He's fascinated with the concept of being a big brother. I might get him a baby doll. I don't think baby dolls are for girls only. It's good for little girls to practice being mommies, and it's good for little boys to practice being daddies (in my opinion and Josh's). I think he'd really love to have a baby to give a bottle to while I feed his little brother or sister. He always points them out at the story and says "look mommy! ohhh baby... awww he cute little guy" lol. I love when he says "little guy".

My Braxton Hicks contractions are getting really intense and almost constant. My stomach has been hard as a rock for pretty much this entire post. I have to lean really far back so I can breathe. Poor Katarina or Tristan is probably getting annoyed at not being able to move around as much! I should try and get some sleep... where did I put my tums.

Comments

Sue J said…
Hi Allie -- best of luck with everything!

I can't imagine what it's like getting ready for this big event by yourself! I love reading your thoughts on child-rearing. You've got some lucky kids there!
Britni said…
I really love the names you picked out,they are so cute :)It's so fun to get things ready for a new baby!
I agree,I had to get Ember her very own little going home pj's.They ended up being wayyy to big though.Even though my babies were both around 8 lbs they both wore preemie sizes for at least two weeks:)
Noah will be a great big brother :).I think getting him a doll is a great idea.He will be wanting to help care for the baby so it's good to have a way for him to practice!
Sounds like you have been so busy. Take it easy woman. I know its difficult to not be a crazy pregnant lady. I was so not normal in the beginning middle and end. I remember I had Dave Prime and Paint a room that required three coates all in one day! I think that would be a good idea to get Noah a doll. Dylan has a doll and I really want to get him a cabbage patch doll for Christmas. This will give Noah lots of time to mimic and hopefully you some peaceful playtime when the baby arrives.
Anonymous said…
It looks like your getting everything ready for the baby. I like the names you picked out as well. You never know how much stuff you need until the last minute! I like Noah's new carseat. What day is Josh coming home? It's coming up soon right? I bet your excited behold belief. I'm excited for you and Noah. HOw are you feeling? I think the cabbage patch doll was a great idea. It will defintely help him out with the understanding about the baby and being a big brother. He'll be a great one. I can't wait to see the little one!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing