Another Dry Day

I think the rain is finally over. WOOOHOOO! ::checks forecast:: 30% chance of thunderstorms today and tomorrow. I think we're gonna be ok!

Today started off a little slow. I was tired and somewhat disgruntled. Instead of wallowing and sitting on the computer like I would normally do, we went out. Noah's feet are growing again and he needs new shoes. Can we afford new shoes? No, not really, but that's what credit cards are for :) So we headed out to the PX on Fort Sam Houston to check out shoes. They had adorable Converse All-Star high tops, but they were too big on him still... basically what really happened is I talked myself out of spending $17 on baby shoes, even though they were totally worth it! I just have a hard time making myself use credit cards. What a wonderful trait to have. Here's my 33 week belly pic!

Noah fell asleep for maybe 15 minutes on the way home so he was grumpy and whiny while I was trying to fix us some lunch. I tried to get us down for a nap at 2, but the doorbell rang at 2:30. Who could it be?! I didn't get up until it rang again and then got some pretty loud knocking. FINE! It was the mailman and he was delivering Noah's birthday present from Grandpa B and Grandma Kim. Holy crap!! Noah went NUTS! This is such a cool toy. There was no way for me to hide it until Noah's actual birthday because the box was ginormous and Noah followed me to the door. Nap time was out :P The new toy gave me a perfect bargaining position for potty usage today! YAY!

After getting a couple comments from neighbors about my grass, and getting severely annoyed anytime I took trash over to the cans, I decided to try and at least mow the front yard. It wasn't difficult at all! I was quite shocked. The temp dropped down to about 85, very breezy, extremely cloudy. I thought... well hey since I was able to do that let's just see how far I can go. Pre-pregnancy I could mow the front and back in an hour or less. Today I started at around 4:30 and didn't finish until 8:30, but Noah and I mowed the entire lawn. I must have taken about eleventy billion breaks, which is excellent. I felt fine. I made sure the baby was kicking still. I didn't have back pain. I drank a lot. I monitored my pulse and temperature. I was happy to get some exercise again (FINALLY) and Noah was ecstatic to be able to play outside again. We have a self-propelled mower and it's tough! I couldn't believe it ate through those weeds. They were up to my knees!!

We found so many creatures in our jungle. Noah caught a toad. He was very gentle with him and I swear if I hadn't been monitoring very closely he would have been kissing and hugging him. He loves all animals. He was also poking at a huge spider trying to pick it up. I just screamed NOOOOOO!!! lol I don't know if they bite! Britni, I totally thought about you. You would have been freaking out over these spiders in my yard. Seriously they're like baby tarantulas. I took a picture just for you hehe :) They weren't aggressive at all. I tried to use my foot to illustrate the actual size for you all.

OK now try to stop twitching! ;) I like these guys in my yard. They'll eat everything that's smaller than them... which is pretty much everything but the toads. You should have seen the birds everywhere. It was like the grandest buffet ever for them. It was a good day. I am going to take another shower and lay in my cozy bed with my pillow Josh (it's not a human shaped pillow, just a big body pillow lol). Maybe tonight since I expended energy I will be able to fall asleep before 3am!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Booooooooo. No props for you Ms. Allie. I know I might be scolding you inappropriately, but too damn bad! You should ask for help! It's too hot and you're too pregnant to be out mowing your lawn. You're already in trouble with the doctors and while you might think you're okay you're not. It might be a lesson in humility and patience but so be it. You know I would've force my boyfriend or come over sometime next week when I had time to do it. Or we could've hired someone and sat and drank lemonade while watching the hispanic men do it for us haha :) I also know that Vita's manfriend wouldn't mind helping if he was asked. And Kevin. People love you and want to help, but sometimes we just need to be asked even though I know you don't want to ask. Nobody likes asking for help.
Either way, if I catch you mowing your lawn one more time I'm going to come over there and take the damn thing apart and steal all of your tools so there will be no more working on that sort of stuff. Don't make me regulate. I know you're bored and independent, but too bad.

Boo. Boo. BOOOOOO.
(i'm obviously outraged.)
I'll call you sunday or monday. holla :)
Amalia said…
Please tell me these neighbors offered to Mow your lawn. I would of been so upset with someone walking up to me when I am 33 wks pregnant and say something like "excuse me could you mow your lawn." Especially with a Army husband who is not around but out protecting the rest of the country! Sorry, I just think that people are so rude. Of course they may have not done anything like that but that is what I imagine...Man I am hormonal right now. Oh and that is a nasty spider. Sadly enough that is what they look like here, and I found on in my bathroom. Yuck.
Allison said…
Jennifer,
I wasn't all proud of myself this time, actually. You know I almost didn't even tell anyone I did it because I knew you were going to be pissed. However I realized it would be blatantly obvious to anyone who visited that the lawn had actually been mowed. Kevin's gone, Brandon chopped off his fingertip at work, Vita's going to Ohio, your Mom's coming in. I was just impatient :/ It was just out of control and I couldn't take it anymore. Sorry. I promise it won't happen again.

Amy, the conversation with the neighbor went like this. "It looks like your lawn needs mowed again too"... yeah I know... "all this rain is driving me crazy, I'm tired of having to mow!"... yeah me too, especially since I'm pregnant and have to depend on other people to do it. So they weren't really complaining.
Amalia said…
good, hope not. I am glad you got a work out, but I am really glad you made sure to take breaks and drink water and stuff. Wish I was there! I would of mowed it for you and noah could play with matthew!
Britni said…
Oh my Goooosh...AHHHHHH.I will have night mares tonight.That close up on the spider is enough to make me pass out.I had another episode with the mutant centipeds last night and made Mark sleep on the side of the bed that is up against the wall because I couldn't find the crazy creature to kill it this time.

On another topic though.You should NOT be mowing your lawn you crazy pregnant lady!!!I agree with your friend ask for some help and if your neighbors have the nerve to complain to an almost FULL TERM pregnant woman to mow her lawn in 90 degree heat I will personally come over there and smack them!!! :)
I am glad you got it it done but geez!
Your pregnant belly looks adorable as usual and it is growing growing growing!
Noah's toy looks so cool,what a great present for a little boy!
Drink lots of water and lay down today for goodness sakes,hehe
~Britni
Anonymous said…
Totally agree with everyone about mowing the grass, but I do understand why you did it. You have to do what you have to do when you have no one around to help. (This is coming from a Navy wife.) Those spiders are horrible!! We had like a infestation of them in our shed in SC. Dave would spray in there all the time with spider spray. I find some horrible looking ones in our yard here to sometimes. I think it's b/c of lake though?? Who knows..
I love your belly picture! It looks like you have a little basketball under there. That's all!

I'm so happy for Noah and his potty traininig. I think I'm being lazy about it to, but she just isn't getting the point. I think I might start trying a chart. That is defintely a good idea.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing