Big Brother

I finished all the big stuff today. The bouncy seat and the car seat are both very very clean now. I put new batteries in the seat since it no longer vibrated nor made music. I got a new outfit to bring the baby home in! I also bought one pack of diapers, a few more newborn gowns, a boppy cover, and Noah's new booster seat. I've been meaning to buy him a new one for a long time now, but just never got around to it. He seemed too small still. He seems too small now, but his legs are just soooo long! Well, maybe it's my legs that are too long. I had to move my seat up a little because he was getting squished. Not any more, though!

I also bought Noah a Cabbage Patch Kid named Madalynn Joana. I love CPK names! I was going to get him a boy, but I only saw one boy and he looked goofy. We went to 3 different stores. CPK are serious business in my opinion! This one was perfect for Noah. He was so excited to get her out. He said "oh no! cut it! baby hurt!" about the crazy ties they used to strap her to the box. He was quite concerned. We gave her a checkup with his new doctor kit. He hasn't put her down since we got home. She's sleeping in his bed with him. It was great to see how caring he was with his new baby. He loves her :)

I put some videos onto his scrapbook site. One is of Noah and Meaty playing. Quite a few people expressed concern about having a pit bull around so I wanted to show everyone how gentle and patient Meaty really is. I was nervous about him at first too, but now he's just part of our family. We can't keep him, but I think Vita might so we'll see him around. The other video is of Noah taking care of his new baby.

Comments

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished. It won't be long now!!! How exciting!!!
Britni said…
Awww,that is so cute!!!I love the pictures of Noah feeding the baby CPK!Ava has a little blonde girl she got for her birthday.I use to loooove CPK's and had like 8 of them...I still have them at my parents house.Amy Gerry was my favorite and Katinka Rita...she was a crimp & curl cabbage patch kid,hehe.I think it will be good for Noah to practice being a big brother,it's an important job!
It sounds like you have so much ready now,good job!
I remember it got to the point where whenever I called anyone towards the end of my pregnancy they would be like "Are you in labor??!"haha..I was always like "NO!can't I just call & talk without being hounded",hehe :)
Pam said…
You look fabulous, Allie! You must be so excited -- and it's fun to see how excited Noah is too. He will be a great big brother. I hope you hang in there until Josh gets home!

You are welcoming a new member of your family and I am sending my youngest off to college next week...

Life...

*sigh*

Enjoy the journey!
:-)
Anonymous said…
I came across your blog tonight and really wanted to comment to give you some encouragement. My husband was in Iraq for 6 months in 2003 and it was a really hard time, I had 4 kids at home at the time. I would like to share more but for now I will just say hang in there and you seem like a really strong hearted person.
Allison said…
Hi, Teejay! Thanks for the encouragement and for dropping by. It's almost over so I'm nothing but happy now!
Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness, Noah is so cute w/ the baby doll. That was a wonderful idea to have him practice like that! I watched the video of him on the other site - priceless!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing