Nesting?

Today started off like any other day. I got very little sleep (4 hours) and I was trying to convince Noah to watch a movie in my bed so I could snag a few more precious minutes of slumber. Without warning I went into this cleaning frenzy. Mind you, I'm TIRED! I don't understand what triggered the impulse to clean my house, but I'm so glad it happened because it was an absolute disaster and really needed to be cleaned. It started when I walked into Noah's room, which smelled like a ferret.

I cleaned the ferret cage, wiped down all the cupboards and walls in the kitchen, mopped the floor twice, vacuumed every room, cleaned the bathrooms, did laundry, and even gave the dog a bath. I figure my nesting instinct must have kicked in. I hope this doesn't mean I'm getting close. I don't want to give birth before Josh comes home, but it's been a worry of mine since the beginning.

Time to share!!! :D OK here's good links for all of us.

http://www.blurb.com - this site will automatically import your blogger blog into a book format that you can get printed. I am halfway done with the first editing process of Noah's. I still want to get more creative with it before I send it to print. You can change backgrounds, layout, font type, font size, delete entries. It's FREE (not to print, of course). You can also elect to publish your book and let other people buy it. Some people make cook books or travel books... or wedding albums that family members can buy. You can start from scratch or import from a blog. It's a cool site (if you can get it to work... sorry Brit). I'm so excited to be able to make this book for Noah. What an awesome piece of history to be able to look back on. He'll get to know and understand me a little better in the process (when he's much older, of course).

http://www.cafemom.com - this site is for any mom, anywhere. You can search for moms by kids' ages, their ages, zip code, interests, kids' interests, kids' struggles, really anything. There are tons of groups on there. Anything from politics to scrapbooking to husbands. I've met a few moms in my area thanks to this site. We were able to set up playdates! It's like having a Myspace page for moms, I guess. It's great for advice, venting, chatting, sharing, commiserating. I like it because it helps me feel like issues I have with Noah aren't too weird because it seems EVERYONE with kids that age has them! Also you get ideas of places to go in your area, or advice on how to deal with problems from moms who have already been there. I'm alliecat1881 on there if anyone decides to join :)

Comments

Andrea said…
Hi Allie! I hope you're doing well. Big congrats on the baby soon to come. :) And very exciting that hubby is coming soon.
Andy D said…
Just stumbled on your blog, so an early (late?) congrats on the soon to be baby. Tell your husband thank you from me and my family when he comes home. I admire anyone in the armed services.

I like the blurb link. Must spend more time there...
Britni said…
I am on page 45 of my blog book...I will be printing it at Christmas time :)I am so excited I figured it out!!!Thanks for the information,I could have never afforded the 550 dollars it would have taken to print at kinkos!
Allison said…
Hi, Andy! Thanks for stopping by and for the congratulations. The hubby says "want to show thanks? quit supporting the war and every politician who does".
Amalia said…
I nested for weeks. I cooked, shopped, made up the babies room, and then the day before the baby, I baked a cake and then hung curtains in all the rooms. no wonder my water broke at 6am the next day...

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing