Just Another Day in Paradise

Last night I suddenly remembered that babies LOVE high-contrast black, white, and red images. Considering how visual Tristan is, I thought he should have some cool pictures to look at. I was up making these and printing them out for him. I am going to laminate them too. I just have to find the courage to go to the store and buy more laminating sheets.

I also treated myself to snacks. I've been eating more than I did while I was pregnant because I'm so paranoid about my milk supply. I was nursing Noah until he was about 3 months old when my milk dried up so I do have a bit of a reason for freaking out. I just keep drinking water and eating healthy. I'm sure this time around I will be successful. Tristan worries me because he wants to eat so often, but he doesn't eat for very long so maybe that's why. Anyway...

We were able to go the full 2 blocks on our walk today! Noah ran the entire time. He stayed on the sidewalk and when we had to cross a road he ran over and grabbed the stroller without my asking. I guess he loves walks! It was so stinkin' humid that we were both sweating like crazy. I am so tired of this Texas weather. We turned down our road and it was sunny, but raining. Good thing I brought an extra blanket to cover Tristan up. He slept pretty much the entire walk. Both my boys looked uber cute today if I do say so myself :)

I figured out the baby sling! I love this thing. I used it today while I was making lunch. I don't feel like he's going to fall out or anything and it doesn't hurt my back at all. He fell asleep in it and I was able to get him out and put him in his bassinet without waking him up. I'm very happy with it... thanks again, Vita!

I just gave Tristan another bath. Noah helped this time. Mostly he just got in the way, but he was very sweet and gentle with his little brother. When the bath was over Noah was right there by Tristan's side, comforting him and holding his hands. He kept giving him little kisses on his fingers. It was very precious :) Tris loves having Noah around I think because he always looks for him when he hears Noah talking.

I guess it's time to feed Tristan AGAIN... even though he just finished like 15 minutes ago. He just doesn't like being put down... that's his deal. That's why I got the sling. He's a clingy little guy. It's fine. He's fun to hold :)

Comments

Jen said…
hey cute picture of Paige on your fridge!!
Britni said…
Aww,what a good Mommy!I love the cards you made!At the Art Institute of Pgh.I had a class that was a design class and I got to do stuff like that all day.I was in heaven!!

I didn't realize Tristan had his 1st bath already!Did I miss it?I love the last picture.He is such a cute little baby bundle :)

Ava always pours water on Ember's feet over & over to "help me".I always tell her what a big helper she is & she loves it!I stupidly tried bathing them together once.I had Ava just play in the tub & used the non slip mat & had Ember kinda sit there with my help while I scrubbed her.It was the most dangerous thing and sooo scary!I will not do this again until Ember is VERY stable.She was so slippery & Ava gets so excited in water...eek.I know I should have known better!

Noah is so sweet with Tristan!

I'm glad you love your sling,it looks so cool!!
Allison said…
I think Tristan's first official bath was on the 23rd. I washed his hair and stuff in the sink the first time when he was 3 days old, though. I don't know why I didn't post about it or mention it hmm... must have been cuz I was so sick :P Plus it's hard to take pictures while you're holding onto a slippery baby.

I just realized the last pic clearly illustrates the reasoning behind covering an infant at all times while nude! What a nice big wet spot hahaha.

I was thinking the boys can take baths together once Tristan can sit in the "bath chair". I think Noah will be pretty cool with him. Only one way to find out!
Pam said…
Your boys are beautiful, Allie. It's sweet to see how Noah looks in the pics with Tristan -- you can see how much he loves him already.

Keep eating and taking care of yourself!
Britni said…
We never had a bath chair for Ava...that would so much easier,haha

I didn't even realize the wet spot in the late picture,haha!
Rachel said…
I came across your blog a while ago and just had to comment on the baby sling - I have the same sling and LOVE it! My son is now 13 months and we still use it. It really is the best sling - I have tried several different slings/carriers and none come close.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing